Chat GPT-4 Week 6 NFL Picks
Directly from *Smarter* Artificial Intelligence
There’s no other way to say this, but AI is officially on a cold streak. Not only does it have a losing record, but it gave out ANOTHER loser pick with the Buffalo Bills losing to the Jacksonville Jaguars in London this past weekend. If you’re still here reading these articles and still in the ball game with #CircaSurvivor Pool, then you must only be reading these for entertainment. Regardless, I’m glad you’re here! After a big week of the Survivor Pool, let’s get straight into ChatGPT-4’s favorite, least favorite, and riskiest picks of the NFL’s Week 6 schedule:
Favorite Pick – Baltimore Ravens over Tennessee Titans
Starting off with the favorite pick of the week (which might be nice to start fading in the Survivor Pool) is the Baltimore Ravens beating the Tennessee Titans at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London. Using ChatGPT-4’s new web browsing abilities, AI was able to provide a much more in-depth look at why they are picking the Ravens to win this week:
● The Ravens have a stronger defense and better ground game compared to the Titans, especially with Derrick Henry having a slower start than usual.
● Lamar Jackson, despite a sloppy performance in Week 5, is expected to provide a significant edge for the Ravens in this matchup.
I personally really like this pick, as the Titans have been off to a pretty slow start this year, with their win over the struggling Cincinnati Bengals proving to be their only “statment win” from this season. The Ravens are looking to keep their contender status alive by picking up a win from across the pond.
Riskiest Pick – Denver Broncos over Kansas City Chiefs
This is a MORE than risky pick coming from AI this week, and one that I would have most certainly put in the “Favorite Pick” category, obviously with the Chiefs winning. Let’s see what ChatGPT had to say about this over-the-top risky pick:
● Though the Chiefs are favored to win, the uncertain status of Travis Kelce’s ankle and the unrefined makeup of Kansas City’s receiving corps could potentially hinder their performance.
● The Broncos have lost to the Chiefs in their previous 15 matchups, making it a risky pick if betting against the trend, especially with Patrick Mahomes’ undefeated record against Denver.
I wouldn’t even consider this pick at all, unless you plan to lose on purpose. But hey, who knows? Maybe Russell Wilson can shock the world this week!
Least Favorite Pick – Washington Commanders over Atlanta Falcons
This pick includes an extremely interesting matchup, as many pool participants are looking to use weaker teams sooner rather than later. The Commanders and the Falcons both have put up some fairly lackluster performances throughout the season thusfar, and I’m not convinced either team can create a “statement win” out of this game. Let’s see what AI has to say about this last pick:
- Washington’s defense has been underperforming, allowing at least 30 points in each of the last four games, while the Falcons are showing signs of improvement, especially on defense.
- The Falcons’ quarterback, Desmond Ridder, has been performing well recently, and the team seems to be trending in a positive direction, unlike the Commanders.
ChatGPT saying that Desmond Ridder “has been performing well recently” is like congratulating someone for staying out of jail that week. Sure he hasn’t been AWFUL, but he’s only really been doing what he’s supposed to be doing. Nothing more. I do like the Falcons taking this one, but it can really go either way. To be fair, the Commanders did lose to the Bears just last week, which means one of two things: Either the Bears are officially back, or the Commanders stink. Come back next week to see if ChatGPT was correct for this week’s edition of GPT Picks!